Table of Contents
- ALL Groups -- You may sort Most Active, Latest Activity, Most Members, Latest.
- My Groups -- Groups you have created or joined. Useful for managing your commitments.
- Regenerate Whatcom -- Our newest group, affiliated with the Regenerate Cascadia movement.
- Featured Groups -- Transition Whatcom Theme Groups working toward our overarching goals (these groups are currently inactive).
Hibernated Groups Sorted by Category Below with related sub-category groups. Please note that most groups on this site are in hibernation. We hope some of these groups might be revived. Use these to inspire your imagination!
- Transition Whatcom Workgroup Hub (Hub for work groups created out of the Great Unleashing, and working toward an EDAP)
- TW Outreach Volunteers (volunteer work for TW)
- Transition Whatcom ARC Group
- (working to prepare Transition Whatcom Actions for Resilient Communities (TW ARC). Formally known as the Energy Descent Action Plan (EDAP))
- Building and Housing
- Affordable Housing for Homeowners, Natural Building Bellingham
- Community Living
- Ecological Restoration
- Trash to Treasures
- Economics and Business
- Community Asks and Offers (barter/exchange/gift)Economic Evolution, Personal Finance Workgroup, Coworking Community, Tool Libraries
- Education and Reskilling
- Sanitation/Humanure (The Poop Group)
- Alternative Energy, Lights Out and Energy Quantification
- Food Security
- Small Scale Grain and Beans Network, CSA Share Programs for Producers, Seed Savers - Preserving Our Ecological Heritage, Small Scale Grain and Beans, Urban Gleaning Project, The Chicken Club (The Flock), Franklin Park Gardening Club, Edible Gardens/Permaculture Network, Bellingham Gleaning Network
- Government Liason
- GMO Awareness and Action, Living Democracy
- Heart & Soul
- Energy Addicts Anonymous, Hippies Still in Transition, Reconnecting with the Natural World
- Safety and Security
- The Arts
- Community Art, Music and Dancing and Stories, Gaia Inspires (Art, Movies, & Books), Transition Expression, Transition Film Series
- Health and Wellbeing
- Humor, Take Back Your Health
Transition Whatcom HUB for Local Transition Initiative Groups in Whatcom County
- Partnering Organizations (Organizations that exist outside of Transition Whatcom, but having Group pages on our website)
- Discussion Groups