Transition Whatcom

Forum Discussions (384)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Transition US August Newsletter

From the Transition US Newsletter - August 2009 Read this Newsletter Online to partake of all the Links: http://transitionus.org/newslette

Started by David MacLeod in Transition Whatcom News and Info

0 Aug 31, 2009

The Fallacy of Climate Activism

The Fallacy of Climate Activism by Adam Sacks, Grist In the 20 years since we climate activists began our work in earnest, the state of th…

Started by David MacLeod in Climate Change

4 Aug 28, 2009
Reply by David Waugh

Peak oil data project lOOKING FOR THE SPEED of the coming doom and gloom

I have been collecting data about peak oil and global climate change. I would like to put these variables into a computer program so we can…

Started by Richard McManus in Peak Oil

0 Aug 26, 2009

I want to start a group - brain storming the mad max senario

I want to start a group to war game the future. This is for people who believe there will always be the one percenters who will break the r…

Started by Richard McManus in Peak Oil

0 Aug 26, 2009

The Biochar Promise: Sacred Shrines and Skinny Chickens

Jan Lundberg writes: "Albert Bates' ongoing research and networking around the world have resulted in an optimistic message. He agrees ther…

Started by David MacLeod in Climate Change

0 Aug 26, 2009

Seed Savers

Can someone please tell me how I can get in touch with local Whatcom County seed savers? Are they an organized group and do they have meeti…

Started by David Culver in General

6 Aug 24, 2009
Reply by Judith Culver

Sail Transport in Puget Sound Making Waves

Washington state's unemployment rate has rocketed up to 9.2%. So it's not the best time to give up a steady job or start a new business. Da…

Started by David MacLeod in General

2 Aug 22, 2009
Reply by David MacLeod

RENEWAL - the documentary film

I saw RENEWAL tonight on PBS, the first feature length documentary to capture America's religious environmental movement. It is a must see.…

Started by Lynnette Allen in General

1 Aug 12, 2009
Reply by David MacLeod

Culture of resistance or culture of abundance?

I am curious if anyone else was at Derrick Jensen's talk on May 15th and what you thought. I found myself agreeing strongly with a lot of w…

Started by Chris Wolf in General

32 Aug 3, 2009
Reply by Heather K

Transition Articles

Online screening of ‘In Transition’ (video) Rob Hopkins, Transition Culture Please Take Your Seats Ladies and Gentlemen, the Online Screen…

Started by David MacLeod in Transition Whatcom News and Info

3 Jul 31, 2009
Reply by David MacLeod

RSS

© 2024   Created by David MacLeod.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service