Transition Whatcom

Forum Discussions (384)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

David Orr: Learning to Live with Climate Change Will Not Be Enough

David Orr opts for mitigation over adaptation. Thanks to Dave Ewoldt for the forward. http://e360.yale.edu/content/feature.msp?id=2158 01…

Started by David MacLeod in Climate Change

0 Jun 21, 2009

The Powerdown Show - Transition Towns and Energy Descent Pathways

I'm posting a link to program 8 of the Cultivate Centre's 10 part TV series - The Powerdown Show. It is a good general discussion of power…

Started by Rob Olason in Peak Oil

1 Jun 19, 2009
Reply by David MacLeod

City of Bellingham Legacy Statements

A press release came out today from the City of Bellingham, stating that the Council is seeking feedback on their draft "Legacies" statemen…

Started by Sharon Robinson in General

3 Jun 19, 2009
Reply by Rob Olason

Common Wealth by Jeffrey D. Sachs

I'm curious if anyone has read "Common Wealth-Economics for a Crowded Planet," by Jeffrey D. Sachs. I am finding it a good overview of how,…

Started by Rob Olason in General

5 Jun 13, 2009
Reply by Walter Haugen

First Results Party Up For Power Down

The first Party Up For Power Down occurred on Friday May 8th. As one of the TWIGs responsible for organizing the event I wish to personall…

Started by Tom Anderson in Transition Whatcom News and Info

4 Jun 3, 2009
Reply by Chris Wolf

What You Can Do Now!

Let's grow this list of ideas - unleash your genius here by sharing YOUR ideas! i. Brainstorm suggestions we could pass on to a new group…

Started by David MacLeod in General

5 May 29, 2009
Reply by Stephen Trinkaus

What is the Transition Whatcom Initiating Group Up To?

This is a question that was asked at our Party Up for Power Down meeting last Friday evening, and I'm not sure it got answered. A tiny bit…

Started by David MacLeod in Transition Whatcom News and Info

4 May 23, 2009
Reply by Sandy Hoelterhoff

May 6, 9:15pm: Our 100th Member!

Marking an important milestone, I'd like to celebrate the fact that we reached 100 members on this website last night around 9:15pm! Pleas…

Started by David MacLeod in General

0 May 7, 2009

Temperature is not the only issue

The following is mostly from the book "A Brain for All Seasons" by William Calvin with additional things I have learned since reading the b…

Started by Tom Anderson in Climate Change

4 May 7, 2009
Reply by David MacLeod

Other Edible Garden Clubs?

I am looking for like-minded gardening folks in the Lake Padden area, to share harvests and tools/equipment. Are there other neighborhood…

Started by Kate Clark in General

11 May 1, 2009
Reply by Kate Clark

RSS

© 2024   Created by David MacLeod.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service