Transition Whatcom

Forum Discussions (384)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Transition Network (UK) and Transition US Newsletters

This is the latest Transition Network newsletter from the UK. In a reply to this post, I'll post the latest Transition US newsletter. Davi…

Started by David MacLeod in Transition Whatcom News and Info

1 Jul 30, 2009
Reply by David MacLeod

an interesting article from Autoweek, Believe it or Not by Mark Vaughn

A very astute and concerned friend sent the following article, written by Mark Vaugh of Autoweek, to me, and I thought it bore great food f…

Started by Alys Kennedy in Peak Oil

13 Jul 29, 2009
Reply by Alys Kennedy

ReSkilling

The following is a link to a site that lists lost skills: http://www.doomers.us/forum2/index.php?PHPSESSID=1979a5d4426e6a5e293bce7e6aa0866

Started by Cindi Landreth in General

2 Jul 21, 2009
Reply by Cindi Landreth

Transition Whatcom in the Local Press

Check out the short article on page 9 of the July/August issue of the Community Food Co-op newsletter: "Transition Whatcom Facilitates Ener…

Started by David MacLeod in Transition Whatcom News and Info

0 Jul 17, 2009

Green energy just got a little cheaper

I just found this article at Environmental News Service Renewable Energy Developers Offered Cash In Lieu of Tax Credits WASHINGTON, DC, Ju…

Started by Keith Foecke in General

0 Jul 13, 2009

Articles and Books of Interest

Here's a place to share what you're reading - whether online or from a book or magazine. Let's try to keep this related in some way to the…

Started by David MacLeod in General

4 Jul 12, 2009
Reply by Keith Foecke

Peak Oil Day!

Peak Oil Day by Richard Heinberg http://postcarbon.org/peak-oil-day On July 11, 2008, the price of a barrel of oil hit a record $147.27 in…

Started by David MacLeod in Peak Oil

0 Jul 10, 2009

Join the Call to Protect Rural Land

Passing on an email below from Futurewise Whatcom. Please take a moment to add your name to the petition at their website and consider atte…

Started by David MacLeod in Food and Agriculture

0 Jul 7, 2009

The last TW meeting on June 18

OK, TW now has 148 members, which is wonderful, and I hope to see it grow, 1480, plus more 00's as time passes....and yes, I know it is sum…

Started by Alys Kennedy in General

4 Jul 1, 2009
Reply by Alys Kennedy

Where can a person like me live?

OK, I was thinking that there must be something other than Craigslist to help me get of of this jam. I need a place to live - I have to mov…

Started by Senna Rain in General

0 Jun 22, 2009

RSS

© 2024   Created by David MacLeod.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service