Transition Whatcom

Forum Discussions (384)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Growing Children In School Gardens - Forum

Growing Children In School Gardens - Sharing Information & Events of the blossoming school gardens in whatcom county & bellingham.…

Started by Heather K in General

9 Nov 30, 2009
Reply by Kate Clark

Resources Needed for School Gardens!

Many of you have heard about the Whatcom County School Garden Collective (WCSGC), a local non-profit I am working with to create school gar…

Started by Deanna Lloyd in General

0 Nov 30, 2009

Rocket mass heater workshop

Greetings! I attended the rocket mass heater workshop over the weekend and it was really cool....er warm. We built a rocket mass heater in…

Started by David Culver in General

4 Nov 26, 2009
Reply by David Culver

My apricot tree blew over and I am going to make some clones

I plan to make some extras......anyone interested? It's an old tree, unknown variety, which does well here. It hadn;t produced fruit for s…

Started by David Camp in Food and Agriculture

5 Nov 26, 2009
Reply by Heather K

Four Degrees of Devastation

For any of you who may not have seen this article yet, this is the latest in the updates for the worse in climate change, as are becoming m…

Started by David Waugh in Climate Change

10 Nov 19, 2009
Reply by David Waugh

Lost Coat

Hi All- someone left a nice green jacket at the Walk the Walk event. Its an Eddie Bauer men's extra large, in good shape. Nothing in the po…

Started by Kate Clark in General

0 Nov 17, 2009

Local Solutions From A Peak Oil Task Force: A Briefing Paper

Last week I wrote here about the Creation of a Local Peak Oil Task Force in Bellingham and Whatcom County. Today I want to share the Brief…

Started by David MacLeod in Peak Oil

5 Nov 15, 2009
Reply by David MacLeod

List of Neighborhoods in Whatcom County

See the attachment below for a listing of all the populated places/neighborhoods in Whatcom County. If you haven't noticed, we're encouragi…

Started by David MacLeod in Transition Whatcom News and Info

5 Nov 9, 2009
Reply by Heather K

Rob Hopkins Responds to Critique of Transition

Some of you may have seen Cindi Landreth's post the other day of the article about Transition by Alex Steffan from Worldchanging.org, follo…

1 Nov 8, 2009
Reply by Heather K

Done Talkin' the Talk? Let's Walk the Walk

Our November 15 event: Check out the poster attachment, display it in high traffic areas, and pass it on to friends! Kudos to Kate Clark f…

1 Nov 6, 2009
Reply by David Waugh

RSS

© 2024   Created by David MacLeod.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service