Transition Whatcom

Forum Discussions (384)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Give communities control over their food, land, and energy.

An excerpt from a great article on the Energy Bulletin site: Place-based, democratically run communities that have a reflective and respon…

Started by Rob Olason in Peak Oil

0 Dec 15, 2009

Bellingham / Whatcom County Energy Task Force Report

I'm pleased to report that The Energy Resource Scarcity / Peak Oil Task Force appointed by Mayor Dan Pike and County Executive Pete Kremen…

Started by David MacLeod in Peak Oil

8 Dec 14, 2009
Reply by David MacLeod

Whatcom County EDAP

I tried to respond to the following that David posted as an event, but apparently since it is over, there is no opportunity to respond. Dav…

Started by Rob Olason in Peak Oil

1 Dec 14, 2009
Reply by Rob Olason

Related websites

Transition US has a group on it for the Cascades bio-region that might interest you. The current flurry of activity has been discussing how…

Started by Cindi Landreth in Supporting Links and Opportunities

0 Dec 13, 2009

TIME SENSITIVE: 2 rivers and several good farms need your help

I am reposting this call to action from our friends at Sunseed Farm: Greetings from the chilly South Fork Valley, I'm going to say right…

Started by Alborz Monjazeb in Food and Agriculture

0 Dec 12, 2009

The Elephants of Doom in Copenhagen

"Well written, well reasoned, and pretty systemic. As he says, the Titanic dining room has run out of dessert, and we passengers don't like…

Started by David MacLeod in Climate Change

1 Dec 12, 2009
Reply by Frank James

Ten Things You Can Do to Start a Community Garden - from September 2009 issue of The Nation

Below is the link to an article full of suggestion on how to start a community garden.... http://www.thenation.com/doc/20090921/ten_things

Started by Renata Beata Kowalczyk in Food and Agriculture

2 Dec 10, 2009
Reply by Walter Haugen

Local currency on TV: from a sister Transition organization in DC - EcolocityDC

While I was in DC early this year, we launched a local currency called Potomac. Copy and paste the link below to watch on TV Larry Chang, t…

Started by Renata Beata Kowalczyk in Economics

1 Dec 10, 2009
Reply by Walter Haugen

"Sustainable Energy using Renewable Resources for Heating, Transportation, Water, Powering Tools & Recycling" - draft

An open discussion to explore the questions: "What are our ideas & experiences on energy applications, and for transitioning our walk…

Started by Heather K in General

1 Dec 3, 2009
Reply by Heather K

Concepts of Curtailment and "Less is More"

Underpinning the Transition model (see attachment below for "The Purpose, Principles & Guidelines of Transition Initiatives") includes…

Started by David MacLeod in General

4 Dec 3, 2009
Reply by Heather K

RSS

© 2024   Created by David MacLeod.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service