Transition Whatcom

Forum Discussions (384)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Home Affordable Mortgage Program A Bust - Where do we go from here?

I'd like to tip my hat to the excellent discussion led by Ethan D'Onofrio on the Economics of Scarcity. I read through the discussion, and…

Started by Juliet Thompson in Economics

11 Feb 13, 2010
Reply by Tris Shirley

Impossible Farming

Gene Logsdon writes another perceptive piece on the blind corner that Industrial Agriculture is racing to reach.http://www.energybulletin.n

Started by Rob Olason in Food and Agriculture

1 Feb 13, 2010
Reply by Walter Haugen

Leading the way to a low-energy future

Author Megan Quinn Bachman  writes an interesting article about a survey of people motivated to change their lifestyle today, instead of wa…

Started by Rob Olason in Peak Oil

0 Feb 13, 2010

Trailer for rent on sustainable farm

We have a small 1 br trailer on our property which we rent out for $400 + utilities. We would like to find someone who is interested in lea…

Started by Tina & Ed Hoban in Food and Agriculture

0 Feb 5, 2010

Looking for Muscovy Ducks

We want to get a few Muscovy ducks. Anyone know a good place to get them? Can you get the babies at Hohls during baby chick season, or bett…

Started by Krista Rome in Food and Agriculture

0 Feb 3, 2010

More Bad News on Foreclosures

News Release: January 20, 2010   "Attorneys general, state bank regulators urge more help to prevent foreclosures   State Foreclosure Preve…

Started by Susan Templeton in Economics

0 Jan 20, 2010

The Costs and Problems of Community, and Why It Might Not Need to Be Organized

Recommended Reading Jan. 17th. The Costs of Community by John Michael Greer, The Archdruid Report ...I suspect many of my readers have enc…

Started by David MacLeod in General

0 Jan 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, TW Social Networking Website!

This website was born January 13, 2009, so we're now a year old! It's been great to watch our membership grow over the past year, and see t…

Started by David MacLeod in Transition Whatcom News and Info

0 Jan 16, 2010

Claim Your Change

As the Move Your Money campaign gains momentum, other related sites that evolved from the sustainable living movement are joining forces wi…

Started by Susan Templeton in Economics

0 Jan 16, 2010

Monsanto's GMO Corn Linked To Organ Failure, Study Reveals

Monsanto says the study is flawed, but the independently funded researcher thinks not. I'm not sure if mainstream media will pick this stor…

Started by Rob Olason in Food and Agriculture

0 Jan 13, 2010

RSS

© 2024   Created by David MacLeod.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service