It's Brook Hayes's birthday today!
- How are you currently involved in the Transition?
- I grow some of my own food, preserve the harvest, save some seeds, have chickens, try to bike or walk, and actively learn and teach about reducing waste streams, composting, and permaculture... and more.
- In what ways do you identify with the Transition movement? Why are you interested?
- I know that we live far beyond our means in this county, region, country and world. I am not comfortable running full tilt off the peak oil cliff without attempting or getting started on transition.
- Do you have particular interests, skills, talents or resources you would like to bring to Transition Whatcom?
- I am a plumber in training and am really interested in alternative waste water treatment, water collection, and natural water quality. I also know a little bit about solar water heating. I garden and love plants, and want to learn more about herbal medicines.
- In what neighborhood or part of the county do you reside?
- I live in Sunnyland