Transition Whatcom

Food and Agriculture (48)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Trailer for rent on sustainable farm

We have a small 1 br trailer on our property which we rent out for $400 + utilities. We would like to find someone who is interested in lea…

Started by Tina & Ed Hoban

0 Feb 5, 2010

Looking for Muscovy Ducks

We want to get a few Muscovy ducks. Anyone know a good place to get them? Can you get the babies at Hohls during baby chick season, or bett…

Started by Krista Rome

0 Feb 3, 2010

Monsanto's GMO Corn Linked To Organ Failure, Study Reveals

Monsanto says the study is flawed, but the independently funded researcher thinks not. I'm not sure if mainstream media will pick this stor…

Started by Rob Olason

0 Jan 13, 2010

Seed-Saving - In The Hands of the People !

There is a informal local grassroots group that co-created Whatcom County’s 2009 Seed-Saving Exchange earlier this year in Jan/Feb, and hel…

Started by Heather K

13 Dec 29, 2009
Reply by Janaki Kilgore

TIME SENSITIVE: 2 rivers and several good farms need your help

I am reposting this call to action from our friends at Sunseed Farm: Greetings from the chilly South Fork Valley, I'm going to say right…

Started by Alborz Monjazeb

0 Dec 12, 2009

Ten Things You Can Do to Start a Community Garden - from September 2009 issue of The Nation

Below is the link to an article full of suggestion on how to start a community garden.... http://www.thenation.com/doc/20090921/ten_things

Started by Renata Beata Kowalczyk

2 Dec 10, 2009
Reply by Walter Haugen

My apricot tree blew over and I am going to make some clones

I plan to make some extras......anyone interested? It's an old tree, unknown variety, which does well here. It hadn;t produced fruit for s…

Started by David Camp

5 Nov 26, 2009
Reply by Heather K

Join the Call to Protect Rural Land

Passing on an email below from Futurewise Whatcom. Please take a moment to add your name to the petition at their website and consider atte…

Started by David MacLeod

0 Jul 7, 2009

RSS

© 2024   Created by David MacLeod.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service