Transition Whatcom

Food and Agriculture (48)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

join us in celebrating eating local!

Get involved in official September Eat Local Month happenings - host a featured event this year! Let the Food & Farming Program at Sus…

Started by Laura R.

0 Jun 23, 2012

Now, recruiting for folks who want a garden and more!

Bellingham Food Bank's Garden Project is actively recruiting and there are many ways to be involved. The entire focus of the project is to…

Started by Garden Project

1 Mar 27, 2012
Reply by Walter Haugen

Farm Resilience Project: The Award-winning movie, website, and media launch

From Gigi Berardi, of Huxley College's Resilience Institute Farm Resilience Project: The Award-winning movie, website, and media launch --…

Started by David MacLeod

1 Feb 24, 2012
Reply by David MacLeod

2nd year CSA startup in Camano, working on Transition here, seeking advice for duplication from Whatcom Friends as a member of your Transition

Greetings all you well established and successfull CSA hosts to the North!  We are Shambala Farm on the North End of Camano and are seeking…

Started by Nancy Chase

0 Jan 4, 2012

increasing food supplies globally

"Figure 4 | Closing the diet gap. We estimate the potential to increase food supplies by closing the ‘diet gap’: shifting 16 major crops to…

Started by Laura R.

0 Oct 15, 2011

Inexpensive quality farm and garden tools

This week I am putting an order together at durokon.com for farm and garden tools.  They have great stuff at great prices, and excellent ra…

Started by Charles Kelm

0 Oct 2, 2011

Permaculture Principles at Work

Starhawk has a YouTube video entitled "Permaculture Prinicples at Work" as a short intro to the concept, with Permaculturist Erik Ohlsen.…

Started by David MacLeod

0 Jul 18, 2011

dairy goats

I have some goats I need to rehome.  This has been a very difficult decision, but a family member's health requires that I move to town and…

Started by Kristen McLewin

0 Jun 28, 2011

Protecting County Farms

Jun, 5, 2011Alert consumers committed to protecting county farmsGIGI BERARDI / COURTESY TO THE BELLINGHAM HERALD___________________________…

Started by David MacLeod

2 Jun 14, 2011
Reply by J. C. Walker,Jr.

Less is more

On the way out of Celt's seed saving class last week I saw where someone had left a few tomatoes plants that had seen better days with a si…

Started by J. C. Walker,Jr.

0 Jun 13, 2011

RSS

© 2024   Created by David MacLeod.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service