Time: August 21, 2010 at 8:30am to August 22, 2010 at 5pm
Location: Sustainable Living Center
Street: Broadway and Meridian (above the RE Store)
City/Town: Bellingham, WA
Event Type: training, for, transition, workshop
Organized By: Cindi Landreth
Latest Activity: Aug 20, 2010
This is a two day workshop to better educate people about how to ease through the challenges facing communities today such as peak oil, climate change, and the economic crisis. It is a positive approach of focusing on solutions that lead to a more satisfying life.
This training will follow the transition model in paying attention to both the outer work and the inner work necessary for a successful transition process. This will be a participatory process, with participants invited to share their own experience and learn from the many different transition initiatives represented at the course.
At the end of the course, participants will:
1. Have a clear understanding of the context for Transition Initiatives, the current global situation and the transformational possibilities that arise from climate change, peak oil prices and the economic crisis.
2. Know what the Transition model is - including an in-depth look at the 12 steps, from inspiration, setting up the initiating group, all the way to having active and effective working groups.
3. Understand how to organize effective meetings such as public talks, open space days, and small theme working groups.
4. Have experienced a joint visioning process.
5. Understand the purpose and principles of an Energy Decent Action Plan.
6. Have the outline of an effective and inspiring talk on the Transition movement.
7. Have formed useful contacts with other Transition Initiatives and individuals interested in the Transition model.
8. Have a plan of action for themselves and their locality.
Who should attend? Anyone wanting to know more and are considering initiating transition work in their lives and for their community, as well as Transition Whatcom Work Group leaders and members.
$150.00 for both days. Advance Registration is required.
Once class is full I will send out more details to those attending.
A limited number of partial scholarships are available for residents of Whatcom County. Priority will be given for most of them to future leaders of Transition Whatcom.
Please contact Linda Fels for registration firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-647-8029
And Cindi Landreth for scholarship information: email@example.com or 360-319-9092
The facilitators for this event will be David Johnson of Transition Portland and Cindi Landreth of the Transition Whatcom Initiating Group.