Transition Whatcom

Forum Discussions (384)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"350.org workparty" on October 10, 2010 (aka 10/10/10).

At our well-attended TW Goshen neighborhood meeting last weekend I was suprised how many attendees had not heard of this important world-wi…

Started by Stephanie Davis in Peak Oil

0 May 26, 2010

Transition Whatcom Resources

See attached documents to download to have on hand for TW Events: TW Sign Up sheet About Peak Oil (Peail Oil / ERSPO Task Force handout) Th…

Started by David MacLeod in Transition Whatcom News and Info

3 May 26, 2010
Reply by David MacLeod

The Gulf Oil Spill Reminds Us the Era of Easy Oil is Over

The Relentless Pursuit of Extreme Energy by Michael Klare, Tom's DispatchYes, the oil spewing up from the floor of the Gulf of Mexico in st…

Started by David MacLeod in Peak Oil

3 May 25, 2010
Reply by Walter Haugen

Lights out in Toulouse, France

Interesting approach to lights out by Toulouse, France. See the Guardian article at the link below:http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/oct

Started by francis edwards in General

0 May 23, 2010

Wanted: Freegans of Bellingham

My name is Eric and I am new to Bellingham within the past couple of weeks.  I am interested in freeganism (aka dumpster diving).  I don't…

Started by Eric Jensen in General

5 May 23, 2010
Reply by Heather K

bicycle moving

There was a discussion already and now I cant find it.  But Im moving and dont know how to drive, and am wondering if there are places to r…

Started by Rain Forever in General

1 May 22, 2010
Reply by Kate Clark

Reclaiming the city streets

This is a great article that summarizes some of the innovative thinking that is re-inventing transportation models in dense urban cities. …

Started by Rob Olason in Peak Oil

0 May 22, 2010
Reply by Rebecca Meloy

privacy on this site

Hi all, I have noticed when I post to this site it automatically posts to the web all my discussions. Everything I have posted on discussio…

Started by Laura R. in General

2 May 22, 2010
Reply by Kate Clark

Upcoming event: Thu May 20th - Tar Sands

Come to this informational community forum about the Alberta Tar Sands and it's local manifestations - the oil pipeline that flows right th…

Started by Max Wilbert in Supporting Links and Opportunities

2 May 20, 2010
Reply by Katie

John de Graaf's film, Take Back Your Time, was a great examination of our national obsession with GDP

John de Graaf, the National Coordinator of the organization, TAKE BACK YOUR TIME, showed his latest film, “What’s the Economy for, Anyway?”…

Started by Rob Olason in Economics

0 May 17, 2010

RSS

© 2024   Created by David MacLeod.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service