Transition Whatcom

Peak Oil (49)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"Collapse" with Michael Ruppert at The Pickford

Now showing at the Pickford!  Discuss the film here. I'm not sure I will be able to get to one of the showings this weekend, but I'm quite…

Started by David MacLeod

2 Apr 22, 2011
Reply by Richard McManus

NY Times video on the hazards of living nextdoor to a natural gas "gold mine."

The video makes the point that the fracking process makes previously uneconomic gas fields attractive to the gas drilling companies. Comb…

Started by Rob Olason

0 Feb 27, 2011

Response to Sheriff Elfo Re His Response re Questions re $$Crash/Martial Law

At 06:01 PM 2/22/2011, you wrote: Mr. Hammell,   Please see the attached letter.   Best Regards, Dear Sheriff Elfo: Thank you for your re…

Started by John Hammell

0 Feb 23, 2011

Energy Efficient Home Renovation Resources

Hi Friends, I'm not sure if this is the best place on the website to post this, but I'm looking for internet resources that will help me re…

Started by Amy Martin

7 Dec 19, 2010
Reply by Rebecca Meloy

White House Goes Solar!

350.org just announced that the White House, after turning away his efforts to install a Jimmy Carter era solar panel, is actually going to…

Started by Rob Olason

0 Oct 5, 2010

The Traditional City Vs. The Bicycle

A warning to all those bicycle commuters: (Self included): This article trashes the idea of any personal transportation device as being acc…

Started by Rob Olason

0 Aug 3, 2010

The Spill and You

This is a great article that looks at taking those "first steps" to lessen oil dependency. http://www.energybulletin.net/53369

Started by Rob Olason

0 Jul 8, 2010

Sending BP a message

Democracy For America is starting a boycott BP campaign, where you can pledge to purchase your gas elsewhere. If you would like to join, he…

Started by Rob Olason

2 Jun 2, 2010
Reply by Robert Plant

"350.org workparty" on October 10, 2010 (aka 10/10/10).

At our well-attended TW Goshen neighborhood meeting last weekend I was suprised how many attendees had not heard of this important world-wi…

Started by Stephanie Davis

0 May 26, 2010

The Gulf Oil Spill Reminds Us the Era of Easy Oil is Over

The Relentless Pursuit of Extreme Energy by Michael Klare, Tom's DispatchYes, the oil spewing up from the floor of the Gulf of Mexico in st…

Started by David MacLeod

3 May 25, 2010
Reply by Walter Haugen

RSS

© 2024   Created by David MacLeod.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service