It's Megan Westgate's birthday today!
- How are you currently involved in the Transition?
- My husband Noah and I are just beginning to farmstead 5 acres on the Y Road. Noah grew up here, I grew up in Massachusetts, and we've both spent most of the last 10 years in California. I am SO ecstatically happy to be settling into Bellingham as my long-term home, and am completely inspired by how conscious and motivated people here are. Transition Whatcom epitomizes a lot of what I love about Bellingham's culture, and I'm looking forward to getting more involved!
- In what ways do you identify with the Transition movement? Why are you interested?
- I am the Executive Director of the Non-GMO Project (http:///www.nongmoproject.org). Safe, healthy food is my life passion. I recently got elected to the Board of our Community Food Co-op and am excited to serve that wonderful organization and to help connect the Transition vision to the Co-op's activities. Noah and I are already hard at work trying to grow a lot of our own food, and I am also loving cultivating the flower gardens at our home, for the good of the pollinators, the fairies, and my own enchanted, grateful heart.
- Do you have particular interests, skills, talents or resources you would like to bring to Transition Whatcom?
- I am a registered yoga teacher, avid student of Chinese medicine, and an experienced bodyworker. Although I spend most of my days weaving visions and manifesting change through the language of the computer (and I love the work I do), I am a healer at heart. I am deeply committed to cultivating practices that allow me to live as skillfully as possible, which for me include yoga, meditation, and conscious eating (and consumption in general). I also love cleaning and organizing--whether of the house, office or spirit! I treasure my library of books, but if I could only keep one it would be the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
- In what neighborhood or part of the county do you reside?
- Lake Whatcom watershed, at the corner of Y and Jenson Roads
- Your Personal Website (if you have one)
- Please note that you do not have to answer all of the above questions in order to join, and you can always come back later to edit your profile. If it's all too many questions for now, please provide a short answer below on why you'd like to join this site (or a summary of the above, if answered).
- I'm enthusiastically settling a farmstead on the Y Rd with my husban Noah, and am looking forward to connecting with the broader network!