It's Erin Dixon's birthday today!
- How are you currently involved in the Transition?
- Not yet involved...discovered link through collapsnet website.
- In what ways do you identify with the Transition movement? Why are you interested?
- Concern for environment, esp. Whatcom County, in particular water safety, breast cancer stats being high, chemtrails, etc.
Sustainability - seeking to buy a mini farm for organic food growing, chickens, a few other livestock animals.
Economic/Real Estate Concerns = need to move off the grid increasingly...looking for some support and guidance other than just via the internet.
- Do you have particular interests, skills, talents or resources you would like to bring to Transition Whatcom?
- I have a lot of talents and interests along these lines, lots of research, well informed, seeking land to purchase in the area. My husband who is from Vancouver BC and is First Nations, practicing traditional spiritual/medicine ways; youth/family counselor, manager for Lummi Nation. We have two teen sons - so a handful of good minds, strong spirits, open hearts, and reasonably strong backs as my husband would say. Problem solving.
- In what neighborhood or part of the county do you reside?
- Whatcom Cty - Mt. Baker area (Sand Rd/Mt Baker Hwy area
- Where did you hear about Transition Whatcom and how did you find our community network website?
- directory on collapsenet site. I have a lot of respect for M. Rupert - not to say I see eye to eye on all things he says but I have tremendous respect for his courage, desire to educate others, and to some extent altruistic motives which have cost him a great deal in his life. I can relate. He's a true compassionate warrior and I keep up with information he presents as other alt. news.
- Please note that you do not have to answer all of the above questions in order to join, and you can always come back later to edit your profile. If it's all too many questions for now, please provide a short answer below on why you'd like to join this site (or a summary of the above, if answered).
- the potluck caught my eye! We have house hunted in the Goshen area and wondered if there werent some like minded folks in that neck of the woods when I saw a cow, etc here and there.