Transition Whatcom

General (125)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Plans for the Waterfront: What Are Your Thoughts?

The City and Port project managers have presented a general overview of the Draft Waterfront District Sub-Area Plan. This plan can be viewe…

Started by David MacLeod

1 Dec 15, 2010
Reply by David MacLeod

Plant Medicine Community

I would like to open up discussion calling on herbalists, medicinal plant farmers, distillers, medicine makers, wildcrafters, and anyone wh…

Started by Sajah Popham

4 Nov 11, 2010
Reply by David Pike

Tomorrow, Tell County Council Not to Expand Urban Areas onto our Rural & Farm Lands

(Reprinted from Futurewise.org: http://futurewise.org/whatcom/advocacy/news_item.2010-07-12.7135989598) On Tuesday, July 13th, the Whatcom…

Started by David MacLeod

2 Sep 7, 2010
Reply by J. C. Walker,Jr.

Lake Whatcom Watershed Development Restrictions to Be Lifted

I can't think of anything more important to our community's resilience than having access to clean (and affordable) drinking water.  Peak O…

Started by David MacLeod

2 Jul 3, 2010
Reply by Heather K

Using the Gross National Hapiness Index as an Assessment tool

At yesterday's Coworking Community Gathering we watched Chip Conley's TED Talk on measuring What Matters (link below). In his talk he outli…

Started by Renata Beata Kowalczyk

0 Jun 29, 2010

Local Permaculture Courses taught by Starhawk, Skeeter, Zhang, and More

Below is an article by Michael "Skeeter" Pilarski. Reprinted here at TW by permission.3 of the Permaculture Design Courses mentioned below…

Started by David MacLeod

2 Jun 4, 2010
Reply by Heather K

Lights out in Toulouse, France

Interesting approach to lights out by Toulouse, France. See the Guardian article at the link below:http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/oct

Started by francis edwards

0 May 23, 2010

Wanted: Freegans of Bellingham

My name is Eric and I am new to Bellingham within the past couple of weeks.  I am interested in freeganism (aka dumpster diving).  I don't…

Started by Eric Jensen

5 May 23, 2010
Reply by Heather K

bicycle moving

There was a discussion already and now I cant find it.  But Im moving and dont know how to drive, and am wondering if there are places to r…

Started by Rain Forever

1 May 22, 2010
Reply by Kate Clark

privacy on this site

Hi all, I have noticed when I post to this site it automatically posts to the web all my discussions. Everything I have posted on discussio…

Started by Laura R.

2 May 22, 2010
Reply by Kate Clark

RSS

© 2024   Created by David MacLeod.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service