Time: June 9, 2011 from 6pm to 9pm
Location: Chuckanut Village
Street: 3515 18th St.
Website or Map: http://bit.ly/dM202h
Event Type: work, party, shared, meal, garden
Organized By: Sustainable Bellingham
Latest Activity: Jun 8, 2011
SB Roving Garden Party - 6/9 - Chuckanut Village - 6:00pm
Join Sustainable Bellingham's 3rd annual Roving Garden Party series, where volunteers help their neighbors create an edible garden. These fun events consist of approximately 90 minutes of gardening, followed by a shared meal. Everyone is welcome!
This week we'll be at the home of Alison Kutz, in Chuckanut Village creating a curvy ferro cement wall for some interesting raised beds! A very curious technique that could have many varied applications. This work party is designed to expand our construction horizons, for sure! If you just want to come pull weeds in the perennial garden, please don't hesitate, but otherwise be ready to roll up your sleeves and learn. (Any early prep volunteers are welcome, as this project is requiring lots of coordination. Call or write Alison@SoundHorticulture.com, 739-9095 for more information.)
To get on the mailing list to hear about future SB Roving Garden Parties, please email email@example.com.
* Where: 3515 18th St. (down towards Chuckanut Creek). Heading South down Chuckanut Drive, take the Y to the right just before Chuckanut Gallery on Old Fairhaven Ave. Take a left onto 18th St., and a left at the T onto Rainier Ave. (A few cars can park here if needed.) Then right onto the Alley, and it is the second house on the right at the creek! MAP: http://bit.ly/kbVWO5.
* When: Thursday, June 9th, 6:00pm-7:30 work, 7:30 meal.
* Requested Items to Bring: Gloves, wire pliers/cutters, trowels, buckets with handles, or your favorite weeding tool. Bring instruments if you like for bonfire and music.
* Tasks: Adding the wire and cement mix to already functioning raised bed walls. There is plenty of weeding to do as well.
* Food: A vegetarian meal will be provided.
* Host: Alison Kutz, Alison@SoundHorticulture.com, 739-9095.
* Questions: email Mary or Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Jeff W at 738-8148.
View future Roving Garden Parties and other events on Sustainable Bellingham's Community Calendar: http://sustainablebellingham.org/events/community-calendar/
If you're interested in hosting a Roving Garden Party at your home or community garden, contact Mary at 756-6643, or email at email@example.com. We ask that you be prepared to provide a meal for ~20, and that you give back by volunteering at another Roving Garden Party.
Sustainable Bellingham - promoting and supporting sustainable community.