Time: May 19, 2011 from 5pm to 8pm
Street: The Outback at Fairhaven College
Website or Map: http://bit.ly/iygbdx
Event Type: work, party, shared, meal, garden
Organized By: Sustainable Bellingham
Latest Activity: May 19, 2011
SB Roving Garden Party- 5/19 - WWU - 5pm
Join Sustainable Bellingham's 3rd annual Roving Garden Party series, where volunteers help their neighbors create an edible garden. These fun events consist of approximately 90 minutes of gardening, followed by a shared meal. Everyone is welcome!
This week we will be at The Outback, a five acre student-run site at the south end of Fairhaven College which teaches, develops and implements sustainable growing and land use methods in order to enrich the student body, the University, and the Bellingham community. http://www.wwu.edu/fairhaven/studentlife/outback
To get on the mailing list to hear about future SB Roving Garden Parties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Where: The Outback is behind Fairhaven College at WWU. Here is a link to the South Campus map, http://bit.ly/iygbdx. The Outback will be to the right of the FX where it appears to be just a field. You can walk straight through the Fairhaven Complex to reach it.
* Parking: The south end gravel (C) lots do not require a WWU permit after 4:30PM Monday-Friday. Campus Map PDF: http://bit.ly/iANZ99. Park in the C lot closest to Fairhaven College (building #31).
* When: Thursday, May 19th, 5:00pm-6:30 work, 6:30 meal.
* Requested Items to Bring: Work gloves if you've got them (there are some available also). They’ve got lots of tools!
* Tasks: Weeding, rebuilding 2 bridges.
* Food: Beet soup, salad and bread will be served. Please bring your own beverages.
* Host: Debra Gear at The Outback.
* Questions: email Mary or Sara at email@example.com, or call Jeff W at 738-8148.
View future Roving Garden Parties and other events on Sustainable Bellingham's Community Calendar: http://sustainablebellingham.org/events/community-calendar/
If you're interested in hosting a Roving Garden Party at your home or community garden, contact Mary at 756-6643, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that you be prepared to provide a meal for ~20, and that you give back by volunteering at another Roving Garden Party.
Sustainable Bellingham - promoting and supporting sustainable community. sustainablebellingham.org