Time: May 12, 2011 from 6pm to 9pm
Location: Happy Valley
Street: 901 22nd St.
Website or Map: http://bit.ly/j1r8ak
Event Type: work, party, shared, meal, garden
Organized By: Sustainable Bellingham
Latest Activity: May 4, 2011
SB Roving Garden Party - 5/12 - Happy Valley - 6pm
Join Sustainable Bellingham's 3rd annual Roving Garden Party series, where volunteers help their neighbors create an edible garden. These fun events consist of approximately 90 minutes of gardening, followed by a shared meal. Everyone is welcome!
This week, come spend a few hours and help the Oasis Sustainable Community Home maintain its lush garden and food forest! Amazing garden with ponds, chickens, bee hives, mature fruit trees and more. We'll plant dig and turn and have some fun until the sun goes down!
To get on the mailing list to hear about future SB Roving Garden Parties, please email email@example.com.
* Where: 901 22nd St., Happy Valley Neighborhood. MAP: http://bit.ly/j1r8ak
* When: Thursday, May 12th, 6:00pm - 7:30 work, and then a meal.
* Requested Items to Bring: Hand-weeding tools, work gloves, pitch forks.
* Tasks: General weeding, sheet mulching, planting.
* Food: Vegetarian, vegan and gluten (sugar) free options. Maybe some meat too. BYOB or home made booze!
* Host: Nick or the Oasis at 360-543-5293 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Questions: email Mary or Sara at email@example.com, or call Jeff W at 738-8148.
View future Roving Garden Parties and other events on Sustainable Bellingham's Community Calendar: http://sustainablebellingham.org/events/community-calendar/
If you're interested in hosting a Roving Garden Party at your home or community garden, contact Mary at 756-6643, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that you be prepared to provide a meal for ~20, and that you give back by volunteering at another Roving Garden Party.
Sustainable Bellingham - promoting and supporting sustainable community. sustainablebellingham.org