Permaculture is a holistic design methodology for sustainable living! The modalities of permaculture work with nature to create ecosystems where humans can meet their needs locally while living harmoniously within their environment. Permaculture was conceived in Australia by Bill Mollison and David Holmgren, and is now a thriving international grassroots movement!
Permaculture Design Certification Course May - September 2009
~Co-sponsored by Transition Whatcom and Sustainable Bellingham~
Cover the standard 72-hour Mollison and Jeeves curriculum required for certification under international Permaculture standards. With Inspiration Farm resident Bruce Horowitz, Carolyn Feffer, Doug Bullock - Washington’s premier permaculture designer and teacher, Sarah Sullivan - Director of Hawaii SEED, and many more nationally recognized and local experts!
The following topics are covered in the 72 hour curriculum:
• Design Methodologies, Site Mapping
• Ethics, Design Principles, and Goals
• Pattern Recognition, Natural Cycles and Processes
• Plant Identification, Ethnobotany, Wildcrafting
• Microclimates, Tropical and Dryland Farming
• Indigenous Land Management and Natural Building
• Forest Gardening, Mushroom Growing and Myco- Remediation
• Renewable Energy, Passive and Active Solar Design
• Soil Ecology, Compost Systems, Aquaculture
• Animals in the Landscape, Plant Propagation, Slow Food
• Urban Permaculture Strategies, Graywater Harvesting
• Emergency Preparation, Appropriate Technology
• Seed Saving and Nursery Set-up, Food Preservation
• Local Economics, Currency and Community Structures
• Eco-activism, Non-Profit Management, NVC
All in an inspiring, functioning biodynamic farm setting!
P.D.C. course dates are:
May 9th and 10th
June 13th and 14th
July 11th and 12th
August 13-16th Permaculture camp! (Camping and meals included)
September 12th and 13th
Course meets 9 AM to 5 PM (Bring your own bag lunches on weekend days)
Field Trips and Additional Hands-On Farm Opportunities throughout the course.
Optional Saturday Night Potlucks, Permaculture and Eco-Films, Camping available.
Early Bird Registration before Earth Day (April 22, 2009): $850
After April 22, Registration: $900
Register at www.inspirationfarm.com
For more information contact:
619 E. Laurel Rd Bellingham, Wa. 98226 Ph 360-398-8227