With Fall approaching quickly, Jenni Clara is looking to start this beautiful topic to be explored inside and out. In the Art of Living, a twelve part series, we'll dive deep into each principle/theme of pioneer David Holmgren, and bring light to all connections. Take a glance and get excited to be in conversation with community, whether you know it already or not:
1) CREATIVELY USE & RESPOND to CHANGE - Vision is Not Seeing Things as They are But as They WILL BE
2) Use EDGES & VALUE the MARGINAL - Don't Think You are on the Right Track just Because it's a Well-Beaten Path
3) USE & VALUE DIVERSITY - Don't Put all Your Eggs in One Basket
4) Use SMALL & SLOW SOLUTIONS - Slow and Steady Wins the Race
5) INTEGRATE RATHER THAN SEGREGATE - Many Hands Make Light Work
6) DESIGN from PATTERNS to DETAILS - Can't See the Woods for the Trees
7) Produce NO WASTE - Waste Not, Want Not
8) Use and VALUE RENEWABLE RESOURCES & SERVICES - Let Nature Take Its Course
9) APPLY SELF-REGULATION & ACCEPT FEEDBACK - The Sins of the Parents are Visited on the Children unto the 7th Generation
10) OBTAIN A YIELD - You Can't Work on an Empty Stomach
11) CATCH & STORE ENERGY - Make Hay while the Sun Shines
12) OBSERVE & INTERACT - Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder
From Sustainable (R)Evolution by Juliana Birnbaum and Louis Fox- Themes elaborated on from Rachel Kaplan's Urban Homesteading: Heirloom Skills for Sustainable Living.
Starts the 3rd Thursday
3rd Sunday in September!
Send an email to Jenni Clara at: OpenSpaceCooperative@gmail.com for more info, location and start time.