This hearing is your opportunity to make your voice heard for a sustainable future for Whatcom County. The County Council needs to hear from you.
Please join us in attending the public hearing and ask County Council members to take the lead in creating policies that provide plentiful clean drinking water, protect Lake Whatcom, and ensure there's enough water for fish, farms and people over the next 20 years. Read more
Talking points for your testimony or written comments to Council members:
- Please take a leadership role in protecting water quality and quantity in Whatcom County;
- Please work with the Department of Ecology to ensure we are meeting instream flow regulations in the Nooksack River;
- Please coordinate efforts to bring all water users into compliance with state and federal water laws;
- Please implement stormwater management plans to eliminate polluted runoff;
- Please develop a plan to quantify actual water use.
Arrive at 6:30 PM to sign up for a speaking slot. The hearing starts at 7:00 PM. Comments are limited to three minutes. Learn how to make an effective comment
If you can't make it to the public hearing but you want to show your support, please sign the petition
andsend a message to the Whatcom County Council