Welcome to the Events Menu page!
This page is designed to provide greater understanding about how our Events pages work, criteria and policies about event postings, and how to get an event to be sponsored or co-sponsored by TW. You can always go directly to the existing Events Page at any time (see the direct link now under this Events Menu tab - now as a sub-tab).
Transition Whatcom Sponsored or Co-sponsored Events (Listed as "Featured Events"): Click Here.
Listing of All Events posted by our members: Click Here.
Policies and Criteria
Community Events related in some way to sustainability, resilience, and transition to a lower energy future may be posted. TW reviews and approves all posted events, and reserves the right to delete events we feel are inappropriate or inconsistent with TW policies. See our Vision and Mission Statement and our "TW Guidelines" paper for more info. However, the posting of an event does not necessarily indicate full support or approval by TW of any event in particular.
How to Add an Event
1. To create an event, go to the Events page and click the link to "Add an Event."
2. Next, fill in information about your event. If you upload an image it should be roughly square in size so it doesn't get distorted once the event is created. In the "Description" field, you can add text, hyperlinks, images and even files with the text editor.
3. By default, any event you add will appear as organized by you and will link to your My Page. However, you can change the event organizer by modifying the "Organized By" field.
4. You can also specify the Privacy settings for your event. Anyone can RSVP to a public event, while only invited people can RSVP to private events. However, some information about private events will still be visible to all members of the TW network, including the title, start time, event type, and organizer. You can choose to disable RSVP altogether or hide the guest list.
5. Click "Add Event" and your event will be added to the TW Network once it is approved!
For more help, click here.
Want Your Event to Be Sponsored or Co-sponsored by Transition Whatcom?
If you'd like your event to be sponsored by or co-sponsored by Transition Whatcom, please
fill out the TW Project Or Event Proposal Form below.
You can download it as a Word document (see below), fill it out, send it as an email attachment to David MacLeod (email@example.com). David will review the proposal with the TWOG (TW Operating Group), and will get back to you.
Or you can try the online form here, Please do not use the online form until we can make some improvements. We have found it clunky and hard to use on the receiving end.
Send emails about questions or concerns to Warren <firstname.lastname@example.org> or David <email@example.com>.