Time: September 21, 2017 from 6pm to 7pm
Event Type: meeting
Organized By: Jenni Clara
Latest Activity: Aug 21, 2017
Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)
With Fall approaching quickly, Jenni Clara is looking to start this beautiful topic to be explored inside and out. In the Art of Living, a twelve part series, we'll dive deep into each principle/theme of pioneer David Holmgren, and bring light to all connections. Take a glance and get excited to be in conversation with community, whether you know it already or not:
1) CREATIVELY USE & RESPOND to CHANGE - Vision is Not Seeing Things as They are But as They WILL BE
2) Use EDGES & VALUE the MARGINAL - Don't Think You are on the Right Track just Because it's a Well-Beaten Path
3) USE & VALUE DIVERSITY - Don't Put all Your Eggs in One Basket
4) Use SMALL & SLOW SOLUTIONS - Slow and Steady Wins the Race
5) INTEGRATE RATHER THAN SEGREGATE - Many Hands Make Light Work
6) DESIGN from PATTERNS to DETAILS - Can't See the Woods for the Trees
7) Produce NO WASTE - Waste Not, Want Not
8) Use and VALUE RENEWABLE RESOURCES & SERVICES - Let Nature Take Its Course
9) APPLY SELF-REGULATION & ACCEPT FEEDBACK - The Sins of the Parents are Visited on the Children unto the 7th Generation
10) OBTAIN A YIELD - You Can't Work on an Empty Stomach
11) CATCH & STORE ENERGY - Make Hay while the Sun Shines
12) OBSERVE & INTERACT - Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder
From Sustainable (R)Evolution by Juliana Birnbaum and Louis Fox- Themes elaborated on from Rachel Kaplan's Urban Homesteading: Heirloom Skills for Sustainable Living.
Starts the 3rd Thursday
3rd Sunday in September!
Send an email to Jenni Clara at: OpenSpaceCooperative@gmail.com for more info, location and start time.
© 2023 Created by David MacLeod. Powered by
RSVP for Art of Living: Permaculture Explored Together to add comments!
Join Transition Whatcom