It's Bob Ferris's birthday today!
- 68, Male
- Bellingham, WA
- United States
- Share on Facebook
- Blog Posts
- Photo Albums
- How are you currently involved in the Transition?
- I have been active in the conservation, environmental, and sustainability movements for more than 30 years. And now am the executive director of RE Sources for Sustainable Communities (www.re-sources.org)
- In what ways do you identify with the Transition movement? Why are you interested?
- It is becoming clearer and clearer that any significant movement towards transition or a post-fossil fuels existence is going to take place on the local level. The Transition movement is local and I want to do what I can to facilitate movement via this organization and others.
- Do you have particular interests, skills, talents or resources you would like to bring to Transition Whatcom?
- I have a lot of skills both in terms of process and knowledge. I also head an organization whose assets could be strategically used to forward some of the goals of Transition Whatcom. I am a big believer in partnerships, cooperation, and making efficient use of existing resources.
- In what neighborhood or part of the county do you reside?
- Your Personal Website (if you have one)
- Where did you hear about Transition Whatcom and how did you find our community network website?
- I have been involved with various aspects of the Transition movement for several years first in Vermont and later in the DC area.
- Please note that you do not have to answer all of the above questions in order to join, and you can always come back later to edit your profile. If it's all too many questions for now, please provide a short answer below on why you'd like to join this site (or a summary of the above, if answered).
- I would like to join the site to facilitate networking and synergy.