Transition Whatcom

Just thought I'd let you all know, I have been working as strategist and political consultant for the BC Green Liberal caucus up in Canada. We just successfully overthrew the vote for BC's new Premier (governor). We defeated the anti-earth candidate who praises China "when they build a new port, there's no environmental study, no labor negotiations, they just do it! That's how you get stuff done!", and instead swung the narrow election to the lady who vows to protect BC's trendsetting carbon tax.

http://www.straight.com/article-377415/vancouver/green-liberals-foi...

Our campaign team included Jon Cooksey, creator of the best sustainability documentary film I have ever seen "How to Boil a Frog" :

www.howtoboilafrog.com

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Richard,

I would like to work with you guys i Canada and link up with citizens of the world in other nations.  I am a liberal American, who is sticking with the Democratic Party in the US because it is the only party that can win elections.  I am also running for office in Everett, WA.  Do you want to work with me on the cause I have been trying to get going?  See our enclosed platform.  Dick

Running on Empty Caucus of Americans who call themselves Democrats

This is a group of Democrats who believe the end of cheap oil and natural gas and global climate change will result in an extreme disaster

1. There are no sustainable energy sources that will rescue us at our current population levels and so we must reduce our population and HOW it should be reduced, that is a question for civil society. 

2. Population reduction must be a part of any plan to rationally deal with peak oil (the end of cheap oil, natural gas, and coal), global climate change, biological/species decline, and natural resource depletion.

3. Global climate change will only be mitigated with extremely stringent emissions policies that reduce consumption rates and this must be done before fossil fuels are depleted.

4. Our government and/or political system have no chance whatsoever to react soon enough to help us, but I am still going to work to support Democrats in elections.

join our facebook CAUSE  “Can we soften the blow of the coming Disaster The Long Emergency”

and Join our facebook page “The Long Emergency”

and/or Join our facebook page Running on Empty Caucus of United States Democrats

I am thinking about running for election in 2012.

See my facebook page “Dick McManus-san for State Representative 44th LD”

Democrat Everett, WA

See the discussion section of this Facebook page and read where I stand on all the issues 

I am thinking about running for election in 2012.

See my facebook page “Dick McManus-san for State Representative 44th LD”

Democrat Everett, WA

See the discussion section of this Facebook page and read where I stand on all the issues

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by David MacLeod.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service