Transition Whatcom

Peak Oil (49)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Reclaiming the city streets

This is a great article that summarizes some of the innovative thinking that is re-inventing transportation models in dense urban cities. …

Started by Rob Olason

0 May 22, 2010
Reply by Rebecca Meloy

No Fooling Mother Nature

New York Times Columnist Thomas Friedman argues that the oil spill in the gulf is a defining moment in facing up to our oil addiction. Will…

Started by Rob Olason

0 May 5, 2010

How Cuba is unique

Great Article on Civil Eats by Andy Fisher, ED of the Community Food Security CoalitionWhat do you think - does this change your idea of wh…

Started by Laura R.

3 Apr 28, 2010
Reply by Celt M. Schira

The Parable of the Electric Bike

This is an interesting in-depth article about electric bikes and their potential acceptance in the Pacific NW.http://www.worldchanging.com/

Started by Rob Olason

0 Apr 12, 2010

"The Age of Stupid" -Two Showings At The Firehouse PAC in Fairhaven

"The Age of Stupid" is a simple but profound story. Humans one-hundred years in the future look back in time to a critical "tipping point"…

Started by Rob Olason

3 Mar 21, 2010
Reply by David MacLeod

Leading the way to a low-energy future

Author Megan Quinn Bachman  writes an interesting article about a survey of people motivated to change their lifestyle today, instead of wa…

Started by Rob Olason

0 Feb 13, 2010

Give communities control over their food, land, and energy.

An excerpt from a great article on the Energy Bulletin site: Place-based, democratically run communities that have a reflective and respon…

Started by Rob Olason

0 Dec 15, 2009

Bellingham / Whatcom County Energy Task Force Report

I'm pleased to report that The Energy Resource Scarcity / Peak Oil Task Force appointed by Mayor Dan Pike and County Executive Pete Kremen…

Started by David MacLeod

8 Dec 14, 2009
Reply by David MacLeod

Whatcom County EDAP

I tried to respond to the following that David posted as an event, but apparently since it is over, there is no opportunity to respond. Dav…

Started by Rob Olason

1 Dec 14, 2009
Reply by Rob Olason

Local Solutions From A Peak Oil Task Force: A Briefing Paper

Last week I wrote here about the Creation of a Local Peak Oil Task Force in Bellingham and Whatcom County. Today I want to share the Brief…

Started by David MacLeod

5 Nov 15, 2009
Reply by David MacLeod

RSS

© 2024   Created by David MacLeod.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service