Transition Whatcom

General (125)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

In search of: Elaine

Hello, my name is Benjamin and my girlfriend ran into a very generous lady named Elaine at the yorkys gas station in Fairhaven. Anyways, my…

Started by Benjamin Buatte

3 Aug 28, 2011
Reply by Forest Garden

Jan Spencer: Whatcom County Redefines Prosperity (A Letter from the Future)

As we prepare for the Great Unleashing and think about the beginning steps for developing an Energy Descent Plan for Whatcom County, it's t…

Started by David MacLeod

3 Aug 23, 2011
Reply by Behrouz

Looking for a place to set up my Yurt

Hi all, I am a WWU student and relative newcomer to Bellingham. I have a 20' diameter yurt (made by Nomad Shelter of Homer, AK) which is ge…

Started by Dan Tucker

0 Aug 17, 2011

WHATCOM FOLK SCHOOL FALL QUARTER DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING CLASSES IS JULY 27TH - IT HAS BEEN EXTENDED!!

IF YOU WANT TO TEACH A CLASS THROUGH WFS -  THE DEADLINE FOR GETTING CLASSES TO US IS JULY 27TH                                  GO TO THE…

Started by Cindi Landreth

6 Jul 19, 2011
Reply by Cindi Landreth

Resilience Circles: Support Groups for Hard Times

“Real Security in Hard Times” WORKSHOP presented by Bill Scarvie, co-sponsored by Transition Whatcom and Bellingham Unitarian Fellowship. …

Started by David MacLeod

0 Jul 18, 2011

America's Top Cities for Bike Commuting: Happier, Too

The Atlantic Magazine highlights several communities across the U.S. that have embraced bike commuting and have benefited from this commitm…

Started by Rob Olason

0 Jun 23, 2011

Permaculture Design Certification (PDC) & Reskilling Connections

Permaculture design courses I often recommend are listed below;   I'll add more to the comment section in the future.  My business, Earthca…

Started by Heather K

3 May 17, 2011
Reply by Jaren Hoppe-Leonard

Cherry Point Coal/Dry Commodities Terminal Informational Event Video

Last week the Bellingham City Club hosted an event open for community members to hear and ask questions about the proposed coal/dry commodi…

Started by Eric Jensen

3 May 9, 2011
Reply by Eric Jensen

Science and the evidence of events of 9/11

I think the people who are aware of the threats from PEAK OIL and climage change are those who understand science. I met a PhD in physics w…

Started by Richard McManus

0 Apr 22, 2011

Understanding what the US Constitution says

“take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed” -- Article II, Section 3 of the Constitution Join our facebook cause "Democrats for the I…

Started by Richard McManus

0 Apr 22, 2011

RSS

© 2024   Created by David MacLeod.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service