Transition Whatcom

General (125)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sail Transport in Puget Sound Making Waves

Washington state's unemployment rate has rocketed up to 9.2%. So it's not the best time to give up a steady job or start a new business. Da…

Started by David MacLeod

2 Aug 22, 2009
Reply by David MacLeod

RENEWAL - the documentary film

I saw RENEWAL tonight on PBS, the first feature length documentary to capture America's religious environmental movement. It is a must see.…

Started by Lynnette Allen

1 Aug 12, 2009
Reply by David MacLeod

Culture of resistance or culture of abundance?

I am curious if anyone else was at Derrick Jensen's talk on May 15th and what you thought. I found myself agreeing strongly with a lot of w…

Started by Chris Wolf

32 Aug 3, 2009
Reply by Heather K

ReSkilling

The following is a link to a site that lists lost skills: http://www.doomers.us/forum2/index.php?PHPSESSID=1979a5d4426e6a5e293bce7e6aa0866

Started by Cindi Landreth

2 Jul 21, 2009
Reply by Cindi Landreth

Green energy just got a little cheaper

I just found this article at Environmental News Service Renewable Energy Developers Offered Cash In Lieu of Tax Credits WASHINGTON, DC, Ju…

Started by Keith Foecke

0 Jul 13, 2009

Articles and Books of Interest

Here's a place to share what you're reading - whether online or from a book or magazine. Let's try to keep this related in some way to the…

Started by David MacLeod

4 Jul 12, 2009
Reply by Keith Foecke

The last TW meeting on June 18

OK, TW now has 148 members, which is wonderful, and I hope to see it grow, 1480, plus more 00's as time passes....and yes, I know it is sum…

Started by Alys Kennedy

4 Jul 1, 2009
Reply by Alys Kennedy

Where can a person like me live?

OK, I was thinking that there must be something other than Craigslist to help me get of of this jam. I need a place to live - I have to mov…

Started by Senna Rain

0 Jun 22, 2009

City of Bellingham Legacy Statements

A press release came out today from the City of Bellingham, stating that the Council is seeking feedback on their draft "Legacies" statemen…

Started by Sharon Robinson

3 Jun 19, 2009
Reply by Rob Olason

Common Wealth by Jeffrey D. Sachs

I'm curious if anyone has read "Common Wealth-Economics for a Crowded Planet," by Jeffrey D. Sachs. I am finding it a good overview of how,…

Started by Rob Olason

5 Jun 13, 2009
Reply by Walter Haugen

RSS

© 2024   Created by David MacLeod.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service