Transition Whatcom

General (125)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Lost Generation by Jonathan Reed

Read forward beginning with the first sentence to the last sentence, then read backwards, beginning with the last sentence working your way…

Started by Renata Beata Kowalczyk

0 Feb 17, 2010

A Permaculture Approach to Whatcom County and Regional Planning

Did you see Michael Pilarski's article in this week's Cascadia Weekly.  I can't recommend this highly enough. This what Transition work is…

Started by David MacLeod

1 Feb 16, 2010
Reply by Heather K

The Costs and Problems of Community, and Why It Might Not Need to Be Organized

Recommended Reading Jan. 17th. The Costs of Community by John Michael Greer, The Archdruid Report ...I suspect many of my readers have enc…

Started by David MacLeod

0 Jan 17, 2010

Transition Comments on Copenhagen and New Ideas

The idea Rob suggests below sounds very much like the Perennial Project that Tristan and Chris organized for 350 day, only on a much larger…

Started by David MacLeod

1 Dec 23, 2009
Reply by Walter Haugen

Help create this: Events Planning Checklist--

I co-facilitated and presented at a Heart and Soul group event on November 22nd. Having planned and helped produce a lot of events I follow…

Started by Angela MacLeod

4 Dec 19, 2009
Reply by Rev. Meredith Ann Murray

Transportation Issues

A week or two I started a thread with the same title in the Whatcom 2020 Initiative group, and it has been suggested that this discussion b…

Started by David Waugh

37 Dec 15, 2009
Reply by Ellen Barton

"Sustainable Energy using Renewable Resources for Heating, Transportation, Water, Powering Tools & Recycling" - draft

An open discussion to explore the questions: "What are our ideas & experiences on energy applications, and for transitioning our walk…

Started by Heather K

1 Dec 3, 2009
Reply by Heather K

Concepts of Curtailment and "Less is More"

Underpinning the Transition model (see attachment below for "The Purpose, Principles & Guidelines of Transition Initiatives") includes…

Started by David MacLeod

4 Dec 3, 2009
Reply by Heather K

Growing Children In School Gardens - Forum

Growing Children In School Gardens - Sharing Information & Events of the blossoming school gardens in whatcom county & bellingham.…

Started by Heather K

9 Nov 30, 2009
Reply by Kate Clark

Resources Needed for School Gardens!

Many of you have heard about the Whatcom County School Garden Collective (WCSGC), a local non-profit I am working with to create school gar…

Started by Deanna Lloyd

0 Nov 30, 2009

RSS

© 2024   Created by David MacLeod.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service